Flowerbombe

Flowerbombe

Saturday 9 November 2013

BTW ..



I can't seem to stop crying.
And it's not my thyroid.

It's the signs.
It's all to do with the signs.

My sweetest pal suggested we stop looking for signs.
I was a little shocked really because it's kind of our thing.

And the signs have mostly come good for me. I've had a little luck.
But I haven't had a big luck.
Not this week anyway.





The Carnival is over.
And I'm not referring to the Seekers performing at Hamer Hall last night.
I didn't have the privilege of attending, however some of my friends did.
When 'The Carnival is Over' was being performed they called me.
Clearly they too ignored the signs
'ALL MOBILE PHONE MUST BE SWITCHED OFF'.
But I didn't care - I just lay in bed and had a little sing-a-long with myself!
That passed a minute.


The carnival really is over however.
The Spring Racing Carnival in Melbourne.
I've done okay but this week I've felt the losses harder than usual.

It's the signs.
They were all there but I just needed to pay closer attention.
I was off my game.

It started with The Cup. I saw a sign in Red Cadeaux.
It wasn't intended to be a sign for me but how elated I was anyway to see it flying home.
But I didn't think to choose it. I wasn't my sign.
But of course I saw a sign for myself in Fiorente and Mount Athos.
Talk about foolishly throwing a trifecta away.
OFFS!

I love a good acronym. I am not particularly fond of WTF but I am attracted to OFFS. It covers a whole gamut of frustration!
And today was an OFFS day.

It was the signs.
I am not going to focus on the fact that last Thursday, Ladies Day, I tipped 3 out of 4 in the Oaks Day quaddie. Because I didn't have to look hard for the signs there. It was all based on mathematical algorithms. Yep. Right. Tipped the winner Kirramosa. The jockey who was dumped from riding the Cup winner.
If he didn't have something to prove .. well no-one did.
I sure saw that sign!
2. Surge Head and 4. Backstedt. Check and check.
Number 3. The Dilmah Stakes. I said it. Well Lankan Rupee would have to win that. There's a sign. I said it out loud. I did. And then I backed Planet Voyage.

I am not going to focus on the fact that for a measly fiver I could have won $7k.
No. I'm over that now.
WTEVR!

But I AM  going to focus on the Queen Elizabeth Stakes today.
Today I was completely overwhelmed with the signs.
I was torn between separating the chaff from the hay.

I tipped Horse 2 in Race 6 - Buffering.
I tipped Horse 2 in Race 7 - Boban.
I tipped Horse 2 in Race 8 - Precedence.
BTW - Precedence was only declared the winner after a heart stopping protest



















And then we came to Race 9.
The final race of the Spring Racing Carnival.



And it was here I fell apart.
OFFS.
I really had to CTFD and concentrate.
Horse 2 - Longport - ridden by the dumped jockey.
He would have something to prove again surely?
Surely? 
Don't we all love a big finish .. ?
Don't we?
Indeed.





Horse 4 - By The Way. BTW. A sign. Mentioned recently.
By my same mate who chose number 2 when I asked them to give me a number - again recently.
Yep. Number 2. That's what they chose.


OMG. Conflicting signs.

Four? Two? Four? Two?
And what are the odds that 2-2-2-2 would come in?
I'll tell you what the odds are.
$11,131,50
For a measly fiver.

And so I went for the 4.
I said it - I actually said it - out loud ..
Right I said -  I am following my heart on this one.
And then I said - not that that has ever gotten me anywhere.
OFFS - I even said it. Out loud.
And I haven't been able to CTFD since.

 


2-2-2-2
Tutu Tutu  - OMG my keyboard is seizing up from my tears.
How many pictures of TuTu's have I posted?
How many times have I waffled on about TuTu's?
OFFS.





I can't even read my own signs!
OFFS and BTW - why didn't I just do two measly $5 quaddies?
I really really don't know.
My mind has clearly flown away.

I'm done.
I'm registering for 'I wake up with today!'

But on a positive note - while I was having coffee in blingy Brighton this morning with my girlfriend, a not so blingy bloke sat down next to me and our eyes met over the Form Guide. We exchanged tips and then he proceeded to fiddle with something for the next 5 minutes. Good Lord. My friend was almost hyperventilating trying not to laugh. I was giving her the 'will you STFU' look and refrained from offering to give him a hand. Until WHOOSH the whole table practically took off across the floor as the stuck zip on his coat finally became free. To lighten a rather awkwardly hysterical moment for us all, I asked him if there was a App for emotional betters like myself called 'LIPS TIPS' would he buy it?
And he said - with pleasure.


It was the sign I needed.
I have made my first sale.
Now I just need my APP.
'Lips Tips'
That will be me.

It's good to have something to keep your mind busy.







The Carnival is Over.
It's time to store my beautiful Fortnum and Mason fascinator for another year.
I can hear the rain on the roof and my battery is almost dead.
It's a sign.
Bed.

The Carnival is Over.

'I will love you til I die ..'


No comments:

Post a Comment