Flowerbombe

Flowerbombe

Tuesday 25 September 2012

In the pink ..



"Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned,
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've gotta get up and try try try
Gotta get up and try try try
You gotta get up and try try try."

She's arrived!
PINK!

I wish I was her manager.
Is it too late?
To do a deal with the AFL/NRL?
I have overwhelming memories of Tina Turner.
You remember - Simply the Best.

"You’ve gotta get up and try try try!"

How more befitting that line than for this very week?

Yes I know you don’t score a try in AFL but you certainly at times need to get up AND try try try. Most teams year after year need to get up and try try try. And so do the fans .. just because it burns doesn’t mean you're gonna die ..

The footy finals are upon us.
Saturday and Sunday!
And it’s pretty exciting.

It's a big old week in Melbourne.
I already know who is going to win.
The Swans and The Storm 
They are. Go to the TAB. Go now.
I'm feeling lucky! 
Just like when I told you all about Americain and Dunaden.
Just like when Pinker Pinker won at 47-1.

Remember Pinker Pinker?
The horse. Ran an amazing race, won me heaps of dough and then dropped dead after a cortisone injection. Just like that. Standing one minute, in went the syringe and dead the next. There was no getting up for poor old Pinker Pinker.

I tell you. I have an extremely sore shoulder at the moment. Very tender and inflamed.
And I’m thinking breaststroke and tiger balm!

Last week I was not in the pink.
There was nothing pinker pinker at all about last week.
Perhaps pale pink but definitely not hot.
I’m quite gutted to be honest.
My lovely new boss.
Announced her resignation. End 2013 ! Yes 2013 !



I’ve gotta say it. Four months ago I would have bought a crate of champagne and danced on the beach until daybreak.

Now I’m just driving along Beach Road feeling uneasy with heartache.

We’ve only just said good morning. And now were saying goodnight.

And what a long kiss goodnight!



But doesn’t that just sum up life?
A long series of goodbyes.
Some of them more difficult than others. Some of them quick. Some of them expected. Some of them not. Some with relief. Some with confusion. Some with sadness. Some with sweetness. Some with love. Some premature. Some with longing.
And some prolonged.

But with every goodbye there’s almost certainly a hello.
You gotta get up and try. 


Good old PINK. Teaching us the truth about love. Who would have thought!




When I was a little one I would have loved to have been called Pink. I would have thought I was the bee’s knees.


But these days I’m doing ok with a
little red.
And occasionally a little white.

And I am quite fond of purple.

The Swans and the Storm.
I'm telling you .. 




"Funny how the heart can be deceiving, more than just a couple times .."

No comments:

Post a Comment