Flowerbombe

Flowerbombe

Saturday 14 February 2015

Carpal Tunnel of Love

I've decided to be very clinical about life this month.


So. I have to get my hand chopped open. There will be blood and veins and nerves and sinew and skin and all sorts of yukky things. It is all going to be so disgusting that I have to start thinking like this now as part of the psyching up process. I have an image of the operation as my screen saver.
And if I accidentally come to during the procedure I don't want any surprises.
I want to know exactly what to expect.
When the day finally comes I will be mentally prepared.

My friend who also requires something chopped open suggested we try for a 'two for one' offer. 
I told her that would be very nice as long as we don't have to share the anaesthetic. 
Bugger that.

I have started practicing doing everything with my left hand. 
I need to practice a little harder I think.
And I am very worried about the abrupt halt it will bring to my great swimming comeback. 
I have tried to kick up the lane with a kick board -  with one arm in the air wrapped in glad wrap.
Well that was embarrassing. 
I need to practice a little harder I think. 

The hair thing has gotten me completely rattled.
I'm good with the throw your head down and blow with enthusiam.
But it's the coming up that's abit messy.
I think it's all going to be abit of a one sided affair. 

My colleagues offered to take good care of me - as long as it only involved food hampers. Stew. 
But even that was quickly rescinded when it was discovered it could well be holiday time. 
My lovely neighbour, my partner in surveillance crime offered to look after me, cook for me.
Until he suddenly remembered he 'had to go to Thailand' sometime around then. I told him I was dumping him.
This conversation raised a few eyebrows in the lift.
My boss offered to take me in. She's a mother. She'd take good care of me.
If she wasn't going to be in Hong Kong. She has limited availability.

And of course my Mum, who is already worrying about this little of life's adventure is desperate to book her flight yesterday. I don't even have a date yet. Or still?
I did have a date but he literally disappeared into thin air. FIFO?
Mum feels since she made the initial diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel she needs to be there to see the process through.

My Doctor sent me to a Neurologist to do the nerve testing. I paid him $400 and he told me I had severe Carpal Tunnel. 
I said I know - my Mum told me that and made me tea and a quilt gratis.
The day I opened the door between the hallway and reception and got the most excruciating electric shock up my arm kind of confirmed it also.
That caused a small frisson of interest to the potential parents waiting in reception.
The Principal's Assistant is a screamer.



The one thing I AM really looking forward to is discussing with the Surgeon (not while he's chopping me open mind you - he needs to concentrate) is whether he can do a little freshening up of my Love Line. If he can find it.
I'm worried that with the loss of circulation and all those electrical interferences that all those beautiful heartfelt feelings I use to have for all sorts of things have faded away.


Happy Valentine's Day. 
With or without love. 
I can't wait to be able to feel again.
In the end only kindness matters.





I love this song.

Hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R552UFoXaA

No comments:

Post a Comment